Just managed to stumble upon a collection of audios and videos by some prominent value investors.These are recorded from various conferences and lectures, capturing their invaluable thoughts, ideas and philosophies. The collection includes teachings by: …Continue reading » The Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing
Archive for the 'Downloads' Category
In January 2007, Warren Buffett hosted a study visit at Berkshire Hathaway with some MBA students from the Terry College of Business (University of Georgia).
During the session, he shared some of the following:
1) Why he bought Berkshire Hathaway back in 1960s.
2) How he would generate 50% returns if he had a capital of only $1 million today.
3) His thoughts on investing in other countries including Korea, China, Russia and Africa.
4) The part of this character that contributed to his success.
5) His views on ETFs.
6) Why he felt estate taxes should remain.
7) His initial land/real estate investments.
8) How he evaluates the managment of companies.
9) His greatest mistake in investment.
You can download the transcript and read all about it.
In this unpublished article by Benjamin Graham, he shows how a company can dramatically increase their earnings per share simply by using a number of modern accounting and financial devices.
All these can be accomplished without making a single change to manufacturing processes or selling policies.
I’m not able to appreciate all parts of it so I guess it’s time for me to revisit Accounting 101!
About 2 months ago, I made a post that contained an one hour video recording of Warren Buffett’s talk at the University of Florida.
Just found out that this talk was given way back in 1998.
The good news is that I managed to find the transcript for the talk. For those who didn’t have time to watch the video or prefer to read the transcript, you can download the transcripts of Warren Buffett’s speech here.